Tuesday, April 28, 2009

... And They Painted Together .. Chapter Six!

Chapter Six

"You're Jerry, right? The one who painted the mural?" A short, stout woman suddenly approached Jerry during class. "We were looking for you but you were absent for a week. We've learned that you hurt your right arm badly. Is it fine now?"

The whole class were staring at Jerry and the woman who was surrounded by guards.

"Y-yeah.. Ahmm.. Can I ask a question?" Jerry said.
"Sure.. What is it?" The woman asked.
"Who are you?"

-

"Have you heard? Jerry is transferring! Some organization wanted him to go abroad and study fine arts in a very known art school. They've seen the mural and were so amazed!" The girls were chatting about Jerry's sudden fame.
"Yeah and I think I'm liking him! Can you imagine? He did the mural even if he didn't have to!"
"He's so responsible, right?"
"Yeah! How about Allie? I mean, she's his co-artist."
"She didn't help him at all.."
"What?! But why?"

Ray passed and heard them.
"Boy, oh boy! Wonder what Allie's reaction when she heard this. And the girls are starting to like Mr. Jerry.. Think about that! Where is that guy?!" Ray thought.

-

"Hey! Jerry, the talk of the town! What are you doing sulking here?!" Ray approached his friend who was sitting under a tree.
"I just want to escape from all the blah-blah. Seriously! What is happening?" Jerry blurted out.
"Maybe it's fate? But tell me, are you really going to accept the offer? It's a once in a lifetime opportunity!" Ray exclaimed.
"I dunno.." Jerry whispered.
"Oh! Isn't that Allie?" Ray pointed toward the field and Jerry looked immediately. There was nobody there.
"Okay, I guess I know the reason of the hesitation," Ray sat down beside Jerry.
"No, it's not her. It's .. I just don't know. I'm too confused. Going there means.." Jerry stood and paced back and forth.
"Going there means leaving Allie? The only girl you love and, unfortunately, the only girl you will love?" Ray sighed and placed his hands over his head. "Get over her, Jerry! She told you to stop loving her. Let her go and move on. It's not that I want you out of this place but.. Maybe this came so that you can live your life right.. and it means living without her."
Jerry bowed down and said softly, "Maybe you're right. I think I just I have to let her go."

-

Ray walked down the aisle when he met Allie. They looked at each other. Allie looked away and walked away. Before she got any further, Ray talked.

"Have you heard? Jerry is transferring," he said.
Allie didn't turn to Ray and just walked away.

Ray scratched his head and went away himself. When Ray started walking again, Allie stopped and looked outside. She saw Jerry still sitting under a tree. She looked at her hands and a tear fell from her eyes.

-

"You mean you're going to accept the scholarship?" Jerry was in the principal's office, requesting for documents and papers needed for his transfer. The principal asked him if he would really take it.
"It would be a waste if I wouldn't," was the student's reply.
"Well, I guess you're right," the principal said as he looked inside the drawers and searched for Jerry's papers.
"I'm just curious, Jerry. Why did you paint the mural when you don't have to?" the principal was intrigued and wanted to discuss with Jerry.
Jerry was silent for a while and said, "That time, I was still blinded. But now, I have realized that.. I was being an idiot."
The principal was just silent and handed the papers to Jerry. Jerry went away after receiving the papers.
"What does he mean?" the principal whispered.

Jerry is transferring and it also looks like he's moving on! How about Allie? Is this really over for them?

Spoiler:
Too much spoiler is dangerous to your mental health !!









LitTLe . mAkE-BeLieVeR . sTorYtELLeR


iF tHerE's sOmeThinG sToriEs TeLL, wHaT cOuLd iT bE?

0 comments: