Saturday, February 28, 2009

... And They Painted Together .. Chapter Three!

Chapter Three:

Allie didn't show up the next day.


"Is she sick? And what's with her? I thought it was 'back-to-normal' Allie. Who was that guy anyway?" Jerry was asking himself as he laid himself on the grass. He was looking at the white wall.
"I better see if she's okay," he stood, "and ask her personally about that guy."

-


Jerry knocked twice before a lady who was familiar to him, opened the door.

"G-good morning. I'm Jerry Gomez, Allie's schoolmate. I just came to see if she's alright," Jerry said.
"She has a fever and can't go to school. It must be because of the rain yesterday," she replied.

There was a moment of silence.

"Is there anything you want me to say to her?" the lady broke the silence.
"N-nothing in particular. It's just that.." Jerry stuttered.

Could he really ask such question? He shook his head and looked at the lady.

"Ma'am," he continued, "do you have any idea why Allie has changed ever since the third year of high school ended? It seems as though she is having some problems."

The lady was quiet. She opened the door wide enough for Jerry to enter.

"You might want to come in first," she welcomed Jerry.

Jerry sat on the couch as he waited. The lady brought some cookies and juice. She sat and smiled at Jerry.

"I don't know who you are but I think you are really a good friend of Allie. What you said is true. When the third year came to an end, she started to change," she sighed. "It's because of that guy."
"Guy? That must the guy Allie slapped yesterday," Jerry thought.

"She has fallen in love with him. He was a member of your school's Arts Club. I know that Allie liked him because ever since my daughter joined that club, she was always talking about that guy. She said that she started drawing because of him," the lady reminisced.
"So.. That guy.. He was.. Allie's first love, wasn't he?" Jerry felt his heart broke while saying those words. All this time, he was unaware that Allie had fallen for another guy.
"Yes, he was. But everything changed when that guy transferred to another school. Allie told me that she will wait for him. She will never find another guy because he was the only one for her. It was fine with me but she began to act strangely. She's always staring at blank space," the lady replied.

Jerry looked down. He closed his eyes and clenched his fist, trying to stop his emotions. He recalled the events yesterday. The time when Allie's first love was with someone else. He then understood why Allie slapped him.

"I'd better go. I'm happy Allie is alright. I hope she'll get better soon and thanks for your time," Jerry said his goodbye and went away.

-

The next day..

"What? Jerry is not here?" Allie was in Jerry's classroom asking Ray about her co-artist.
"Actually, he was here and now he is not," Ray said trying to impress Allie with his moves, which were left unnoticed by the girl.
"If he comes back, please tell him to go immediately to our working place. We need to hurry painting," Allie requested.
"Everything for you, my lady," Ray was about to take Allie's hand when she went away.
"We will meet again, Princess Allie," he continued.

-

"Hello," Jerry greeted the guy Allie slapped.
"Do I know you?" the guy asked.
"Oh no. But I DO know you," after saying those words, Jerry punched him.

The guy fell on the ground and some of the students gathered to see what was happening. Jerry was normally not the kind of guy who'd punch someone on the face. It was all because of Allie. Jerry could no longer keep his anger towards the guy who hurt his beloved.

"Does it hurt? Well, sorry but that is not enough to repay the pain you caused her. Making her wait when you already have someone else. That's cruel," Jerry took the guy's shirt and punched him again. Jerry could feel the pain in his knuckles. The guy's nose was already bleeding that time.
"W-what? What d'ya mean? I didn' know 'nything. I dun' understand you," the guy was trying to let himself go from Jerry.

Jerry threw him on the ground and kicked him. He looked at him with anger and went ahead. Before Jerry could exit the gate, a hand grabbed his neck and took him to the ground. The real fight started. It was Jerry versus Allie's first love, the guy who hurt Allie, the guy who stole Allie from Jerry. Just the thought of it made Jerry mad.

-

"J-jerry? Jerry went to his school?!" Allie was surprised when she heard about what happened to Jerry that day.
"Calm down. Jerry is alright. He was-" the principal was explaining to Allie.
"Where is he?!" Allie wanted to scream that time. Tears were already filling her eyes.

-

The moment Allie saw Jerry on his wheelchair, she went to him and slapped him hard. The nurse stopped her and pulled her away from Jerry.

"Tell me, huh! Why do you have to go there? WHY?!" Allie screamed as she was trying to hurt Jerry again. "Can't you just mind your own business? Why do you have to bother going there?! Are you crazy?" she struggled from the nurse's arms.
"Why? Just because.." Jerry said, smirking.
"Y-you.." Allie whispered, "you idiot! I can't believe you could do this to me! Who are you anyway? Why do you bother me? Can't you just stop it?!" Allie went away after saying those things.
Jerry broke his smile and cried.
"Why? I'm also asking the same thing. Why do I do these things when you don't even recognize them?" Jerry whispered as tears fell from his eyes.


Will Allie realize how much Jerry loves her? Can Allie ever forget about the guy and start moving on?

Spoiler:
Jerry would do something special for Allie!
"You made me realize what love can show, a world I've never known. If I could paint that world, it would take me a lifetime to paint it.."







LitTLe
. mAkE-BeLieVeR . sTorYtELLeR


iF tHerE's sOmeThinG sToriEs TeLL, wHaT cOuLd iT bE?

0 comments: