Saturday, December 6, 2008

Chapter 1: When I'm With You..

They first met in an hospital named St. Andrews Hospital. It was the end of the summer.

“I don’t wanna go! Why can’t you just let me stay home and die?!”

“You’re not going to die!”

“And you think making me stay in this hospital would help me live?!”

“Just be quiet and be cooperative!”

Jacob was a sixteen year old guy who had a pale face. He was living a normal life when all of a sudden they have learned that he was suffering from a liver disease.

“I’m normal! It’s just a stupid check-up report misleading you about me having this.. what ever you call that disease,”

Jacob was still pushing himself away from the nurses who were trying to put him in his room.

“Jacob! Listen to me! I’ve lost your father before and I do not want you to go away, too. If there’s anyone who can best help you, it’s yourself!”

Jacob’s mom, Edith, had been a single mom for four years. Jacob was still twelve when his father died because of a car accident. After that incident, Edith had been so protective of Jacob.

“Mom! You listen to me! I’m not a child anymore! I’ve grown up now and this has nothing to do with that stupid drunkard!” Jacob had been hateful about his father. He had never felt any love from that very person that his mom loved so much. When his father died, not a single tear fell from the boy’s eyes.

“Don’t you dare talk about your father like that!”

“Fine! Whatever! If you want me to rot in this room, then let it be! It has been always you who needed to be obeyed!”

His mom looked at him for a moment and went away. He was alone in his new house now. He stared at the four corners of the room. As he was examining the window, he heard something.

“Who’s there?!” He asked.

A glass was broken and a girl of the same age as his came inside.

“Sorry! I was.. And.. The glass..” She tried to defend herself with a small voice which Jacob couldn’t hear.

“Who are you? What are you doing? Peeping me?” He smirked.

The girl, which was picking the broken pieces, looked at him and angrily said,

“Peeping you? Who would want to peep on you?!”

“Well, you, I guess?” He knelt down to help but the girl shoved him away.

“Well, I’m sorry for being a Peeping Tom of yours. I don’t need your help.”

She cleaned the mess and walked to the door.

“And by the way,” She said before leaving. “I really think you’re such a stubborn son for making your mother cry!” She didn’t even look at him while saying those words.

“This is the reason I hate hospitals. Weird people suddenly come out all of a sudden,” He whispered to himself.



-Please read the next chapter!-


LitTLe
. mAkE-BeLieVeR . sTorYtELLeR


iF tHerE's sOmeThinG sToriEs TeLL, wHaT cOuLd iT bE?

0 comments: