Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Hesitating


.START.

"If ever you need me, just call me. I'll be there to save you!"

This statement repeated in her head.

"I need you."

She touched her cellphone gently, unable to decide if she'd use it or not. She slowly pressed the keypads with the numbers she just had to dial so she'd be saved. Waited.

"Pick up the phone. Please."

Finally, someone took the phone call.

"Hello!"
"Uhmm.. I.."
"Sorry, I can't hear you. I'm at a party. Wait. Jamie? Jamie, is that you?"
Silence.
"Is everything all right? Jamie? Please answer. Jamie?"
"Of course, everything's all right! I just wanted to know where you are now. I was worried. Hahaha. Sorry. Did I disturb you?"
"No no. It's fine. Are you sure everything's all right?"
"Yeah! Why would I lie? I just got worried. That's all." She cracked a smile. Even though no one was there to see it, she needed to be assured. She needed to pretend to herself that whatever she was saying was indeed the truth.
"Uhm. Okay. I need to go back now. Please take care okay?"
The line was off. As the phone made that blip sound, tears fell from her eyes.
"No. I'm not fine. I.. I need you. I can't.. I.. Save me. Please." She wept.

Why? Why can't I be honest with her? I needed her. Why did I lie? Was it because she was enjoying herself and I would just disturb her? Was it because I was scared that I would just make her feel bad because I was hurting? But she told me to call her when I need her. She told me that she'd save me. Then..

She took her phone again and dialed the number. But before she could press the last two numbers, she cancelled it.

"It'll be fine." She took a deep breath and hugged her knees to keep herself warm.
The rain was pouring together with her tears.

.END.

LitTLe . mAkE-BeLieVeR . sTorYtELLeRiF tHerE's sOmeThinG sToriEs TeLL, wHaT cOuLd iT bE?

0 comments: