Saturday, May 15, 2010
Holding Hands
[ this is not a story that has a specific plot nor characters. this is simply a really short story that shows directly the importance of a certain thing. like now, the meaning of holding hands for me is being told in this story. xD enjoy ! ]
.START.
And they were drenched by the pouring water. The guy hugged the girl tightly, not sure what was happening.
"Can I.. tell you a secret?" the girl whispered.
"Okay."
"I'm going to die soon."
The raindrops seemed to be louder than ever for the guy.
"Don't say that," he said, uneasy about the girl's statement.
"Yeah. I shouldn't. Haha.. I was just kidding. I'm gonna live longer."
She pushed herself away from the tight embrace of her companion. She smiled. Her hair was wet. Even in that situation, she seemed to glow together with the moon and stars.
"I'll try to outlive you," she continued, "but I'll only try. So you won't have to lose me."
The guy was puzzled. He was scared of what she was saying. He was afraid that she.. she would go away.
They walked together. Their footsteps made a splashing sound as they hit the puddles created by the rain. Out of nowhere, the guy felt her hand upon his. She was holding it tightly. He couldn't take the situation anymore and faced the girl.
"Tell me," he said, "tell me what's happening. Tell me why you are being like this."
The girl just smiled.
"Please." He said with a low voice.
"I.." the girl started, "I hold the hands of people I trust when, I feel that I am about to lose them, when I feel that I need company but most of the time, I hold them when.. I'm scared. But.." she took a deep breath. "I know I should not be scared. Because it would only bother me. It would not help me if I let the fear rule over me. However, I can't do that alone. So I take some courage from other people.. by holding their hands."
The guy placed both of his hands to hers.
"I don't know how much courage I have.. But I'm willing to give them all to you."
She smiled.
"Thank you."
.END.
LitTLe . mAkE-BeLieVeR . sTorYtELLeRiF tHerE's sOmeThinG sToriEs TeLL, wHaT cOuLd iT bE?
Storyteller: Pang at 10:23 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment